8 AM - 8 PM
Sunday - Saturday
What Does it Mean to be an Owner?
No Annual Fees
The $100 you pay is not a membership fee, it is the cost of a share. You only pay once, and there are zero annual fees.
By purchasing a share and shopping at the Co-op, Shareholders invest capital that is used to operate the store on a daily basis.
A Co-op Owner Participates in the Decision Making
Our Board of Directors is comprised of Shareholders. During the the Co-op’s annual meetings, Shareholders have an opportunity to not only vote for the candidates they would like to represent them, but to also run for any open position available on the Board.
Shareholders vote on amendments made to the Bylaws proposed by the Board, and are invited to attend all BoD meetings.
Not Like Other Grocery Stores
When you become a new Shareholder of Abundance, you don’t “join” the Co-op, you become an Owner.
At Abundance Food Co-op, there is no approval process or interview – anyone can become a Shareholder of our grocery store!
- Help build a stronger local economy and community
- Choose one day a month (at your chosing) to get 10% off your purchase on most regularly priced items*
- Get discounts on special orders
- Take advantage of owner-only deals
- Vote for candidates to join the Board of Directors at annual meetings
- Vote on bylaw amendments and other items as proposed by the Board of Directors
- Run to be elected to the Board of Directors
- Share in the profits: receive possible dividend payouts relative to how much you spend
*Discount does not apply to Products that are already discounted as a part of any sale program, such as Co+op Deals, Co+op Basics, Shareholder Savings, or those that are on clearance. Alcoholic beverages. Magazines. Consignment items/crafts/services (like Compost Swaps). Special Orders. A Share.