A co-op owner participates in the decision making.
They can take part in the election of a Board of Directors at the co-op’s annual meeting, and vote on any amendments to the bylaws proposed by the Board. So, in addition to getting the products and services you need, you also have a say in how Abundance is run as a business.
No annual fees
The money you pay ($100) is the price for a share, not a membership fee. You pay it once and that’s it. It is not an annual fee. Co-op owners, by purchasing a share and through shopping with us, invest capital that is used to operate the store on a daily basis.
Not like other grocery stores
When you become a new shareholder of Abundance, you don’t “join” the co-op, you become an owner. At our co-op, there’s no approval process or interview–anyone can become a shareholder, an owner, of our grocery store (literally). That’s pretty amazing when you think about it.
Benefits of co-op ownership
All are welcome at Abundance. You don’t have to be an owner to shop, but once you’ve discovered the benefits of shopping with us, you might be interested in the benefits of becoming an owner, too.
- One-time purchase share of $100, no annual fee or recurring costs
- Choose one day a month to get 10% off of your purchase on most regularly priced items*
- Get discounts on special orders
- Take advantage of owner-only deals
- Share in the profits: receive possible dividend payouts relative to how much you spend
- Vote for candidates to join the Board of Directors at annual meetings
- Vote on bylaw amendments and other items as proposed by the Board of Directors
- Run to be elected to the Board of Directors
- Help build a stronger local economy and community
*Discount does not apply to items already on sale or at a reduced price. Some low margin items, like eggs, milk and beer are also not included.
[ttfmp_widget_area page_id=”2397″ section_id=”1429644843122″ column_id=”2″]