8 AM - 8 PM
Sunday - Saturday
Open everyday except Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
Helping to Feed Families
Double Up Food Bucks is an incentive program that provides users of SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) with up to $20 a day, in matching funds to dollars spent, on qualifying purchases.
Abundance Food Co-Op, in Rochester NY, has partnered with Field & Fork Network and launched this exciting new program.
Abundance Food Co-Op is the second Grocery Store in all of New York State to participate in Double Up Food Bucks.
The program is a project of Field & Fork Network and is funded by the USDA and several local and regional philanthropic foundations and agencies.
Highlights of the Program
- Anyone receiving SNAP benefits is eligible to participate; there is no cost to join!
- There is no limit to the amount of accrued points you can use towards eligible purchases.
- Eligible purchases include fresh, whole fruits and vegetables, like apples, lettuce, carrots, and avocados; produce items not eligible would include pre-cut items such as veggie trays, fruit cups, and canned, processed, or frozen fruit and vegetables.
- Anyone can shop at the Co-Op; you do not need to be a shareholder!
- Double Up Food Bucks can be used together with our FLOWER program.
How It Works
1. Sign Up!
Anyone receiving SNAP benefits is eligible: if you have a SNAP EBT Card, you can take advantage of this program. If you are not yet qualified for SNAP, we can provide you information about how to qualify.
To sign up, you will need to provide three things: Your EBT card, a government issued Photo ID, a completed sign up sheet.
2. Shop the Co-Op!
Once you’ve signed up for the program, you are immediately able to take advantage of the benefits!
(Benefits are not retroactive, we can not credit you points for purchases you made while you were not part of the program.)
$1 spent on Produce = 1 point accrued = $1 to spend on Produce another day.
3. Start Banking Points!
Just go about your shopping! Points tally when you purchase eligible produce with your EBT card. Note: SNAP purchases paid for with DUFB will not accrue DUFB.
Eligible purchases include fresh, whole fruits and vegetables, like apples, lettuce, carrots, and avocados; produce items not eligible would include pre-cut items such as veggie trays, fruit cups, and processed, canned, and frozen fruit and vegetables.
There is no limit to the amount of accrued money you can use towards eligible purchases.
Points will show at the bottom of customer receipts for tracking purposes. To use points, a person MUST show a photo ID that matches the name on the DUFB account.
Download the Application!
Monday: 8AM - 8PM
Tuesday: 8AM - 8PM
Wednesday: 8AM - 8PM
Thursday: 8AM - 8PM
Friday: 8AM - 8PM
Saturday: 8AM - 8PM
Sunday: 8AM - 8PM