Current Career Opportunities
MARKETING COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
PURPOSE: To promote the co-op, both in-store, online and in the community, as a healthy, attractive, vibrant community hub.
STATUS: Full Time. Hourly.
Reports to General Manager
- Coordinate store promotions planning to ensure appropriate and effective strategies are used to enhance the customer experience and achieve business goals
- Work within brand standards to create materials (such as local profiles, specials flyers, coupons, brochures, recipes, etc.) to support promotional plans and operational needs
- Ensure operations staff have access to consistently branded sign-making templates
- Keep staff informed of promotions and other upcoming promotional events.
- Coordinate in-store events, such as active samples and celebrations.
- Use National Co+op Grocers promotional planning tools, templates and programs whenever possible.
- Maintain a consistently branded website with current deals, menu, calendar of events and store information
- Maintain a consistently branded social media presence with daily posts that support in-store promotions and general brand awareness
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT & PUBLIC RELATIONS
- Maintain and monitor channels of communication with members and shoppers, including surveys, online reviews, and social media interactions, and ensure responses from appropriate staff.
- Maintain and promote connections with the community through sponsorships and participation and/or creation of community events that support the brand and the organization’s growth objectives.
- Utilize appropriate advertising within the budget to support organizational growth objectives
- Seek out and respond to the media to obtain favorable coverage.
- Coordinate co-op’s participation in advocating for public policies favorable to sustainable agriculture, food safety, and other goals consistent with the co-op’s purpose.
- Administer donations program within desired parameters.
- Work with the Front End to achieve membership growth objectives with ongoing membership promotion and annual membership drive
- Coordinate all communications to members, including mailings, member benefits, the Board of Directors election and annual meeting
- Attend Store Leadership Team meetings.
- Perform other tasks assigned by General Manager.
– Significant experience with marketing strategies and processes.
– Significant experience with using Adobe InDesign.
– Ability to work with budgets and brand standards.
– Familiarity with natural foods.
– Well-developed communication skills.
– Ability to create and implement plans from first creative idea through to measuring results.
– Experience in a leadership role with demonstrated success in that role.
– Demonstrated writing, editing, and graphic design skills.
– Ability to handle multiple demands.
– Ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively with teams.
– Ability to prioritize tasks appropriately in a fast-paced busy work environment.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
The physical requirements described here are those that an employee must meet, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to use computer keyboard, monitor, mouse, telephone, and various office equipment continuously.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds frequently.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat, kneel, climb stairs or ladder.
- Ability to reach above shoulder height occasionally.
- Ability to talk and hear to communicate with customers.
- Finger and hand dexterity with ability to grasp and hold items of different sizes.
- Vision ability – close, distance, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Ability to read computer/register screen and product and shelf labels.
The work environment described here is representative of the conditions an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- May perform work sitting at a desk in one of the administrative or work areas of the store.
- Frequent typing and use of computer keyboard.
- Frequent exposure to cold, hot, wet or humid conditions.
- Exposure to fumes, airborne particles, hazardous materials ranging from natural to chemical (store products, cleaning products, scents from working in a public setting).
- Exposure to and potential handling of fresh foods including meats and seafood.
- Handling objects that have been handled by the public.
- May perform work standing on cement floors.
- Noise level in the store is usually moderate to loud.
Current Career Opportunities
Deli Assistant Position / APPLY IN STORE
Part-Time 20-25 hours per week / START DATE: IMMEDIATELY
The Deli Assistant performs customer service, food handling activities, receiving and work area maintenance within the deli department according to organizational standards.
Job requirements include:
Responsible for various duties including preparing deli and bakery food items, weighing and wrapping various products, maintaining a clean and safe work environment, and upholding communication within the department.
Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the food service industry.
Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Receives deliveries, checking for quality and premature expiration.
Manage product maintenance and rotation to avoid damage or spoilage.
Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
Ability to handle multiple demands, work under time pressure and meet deadlines
Ability to work daytime and evening hours and weekends
Long-term commitment to employment preferred
1-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area preferred
Physical Demands – Standing for up to 6 hours at a time, walking, reaching, bending, twisting, and ability to carry/lift 50 lbs