Current Employment Opportunities
Deli Assistant, Full-time (35 hrs per week)
The Abundance Deli is now accepting applications for a full-time deli assistant to join our growing co-operative.
Measures ingredients and prepares them in accordance to manager’s specifications; Washes and peels ingredients in order for them to be used in different meals; Cuts and portions different types of meat according to specifications; Prepares different types of food from the menu, following carefully the recipes; Makes stock soups to be used during cooking process; Accepts or rejects ingredients from food suppliers, based on their appearance and quality; Keeps track of ingredient quantities and ensures there are always enough for the day/week; Stores ingredients in dedicated containers, making sure that they are best preserved; Informs supervisors when the ingredients stock is getting low or when the kitchen tools do not work properly; Cleans and sanitizes the working surfaces, tools, utensils and working area; Carefully supervises the food temperature and the temperature from cooling rooms, to ensure that the ingredients kept are kept at the appropriate temperature; Any additional tasks assigned by the manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- The ability to perform simple math, translate quantities and measurements of ingredients to scale recipes
- Must be able to lift up to 50lb. repeatedly throughout the day
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Able to work appropriately with minimal supervision
- Able to process and consistently record detailed information accurately
- Willingness and ability to follow instructions when cooking
- Aptitude for product arrangement so the integrity of orderly and abundant looking displays is maintained
- Able to work quickly and accurately
- Adhere to FDA Food Code
Education & Preferred Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of FDA Food Code
- Proven experience working in an industrial kitchen
- At least 1 year of food service/restaurant experience
- Possession of an appreciation for healthful food
- Familiarity with vegan and vegetarian cooking
- Ability to stay focused and positive under pressure
How to Apply
To apply, please visit the store to pick up an application at the Customer Service Desk. Once completed, submit it at the Customer Service Desk.
Resumes provided, without an application, will not be considered. We will call those individuals whose experience most closely matches our needs. Please do not ask, at the service desk, for an immediate interview. We will appreciate your cooperation!
Questions? Contact Juli Barrette, Deli Manager at (585) 454-COOP.