Current Career Opportunities
Prepared Foods Team Member – APPLY IN STORE
Part-Time 25-30 hours per week / START DATE: IMMEDIATELY
The Prepared Foods Team Member performs customer service, light cooking and food preparation, dishwashing, sanitization, recycling and waste disposal.
Job requirements include:
- Responsible for various duties including preparing deli and bakery food items, weighing and wrapping various products, maintaining a clean and safe work environment, some dishwashing and upholding communication within the department.
- Experienced in baking, roasting, boiling, frying and sauté techniques.
- Familiar with commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the food service industry such as knife skills, proper food storage and sanitization.
- Able to prepare menu items according to production specifications, ensuring quality and consistency in food offerings.
- Bring creativity to the development of menu items and carry out special assignments as requested by the Deli Manager.
- Ensure all food items are high in quality and served and stored at proper temperatures and times
- Processes basic knowledge of allergens and dietary restrictions including vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free.
- Receives deliveries, checking for quality and premature expiration.
- Manage product maintenance and rotation to avoid damage or spoilage.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently, handle multiple demands, work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
- Available to work daytime and evening hours and weekends
- Physical Demands – Standing for up to 6 hours at a time, walking, reaching, bending, twisting, and ability to carry/lift 50 lbs
- This position will involve also work in a secondary department from time to time, either grocery or FE Cashiering
- High standards
- Serve Safe Certification
- 1-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- High School Diploma/GED